Labels

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Clockmaker(Match 3 game)


Want to be updated when the next blog goes live? Join my newsletter at: https://tinyletter.com/Hakuzo

Today's game is: Clockmaker

Today I will be posting a short review on a game that alludes to steampunk but the game's name is misleading. From what I've played, there are no elements I consider truly steampunk in this game, at least for as long as I played. It is set in a Victorian-style but the point of the game is to rebuild or fix the town. The game is very simple so not many screenshots to show.

This is the main game map. You have red gems that are the premium currency. You progress through the map, collecting random parts to repair the town. You have a limited number of lives that refill during the day.

The basic gameplay board can vary based on obstacles that are thrown your way. Along the bottom are various powerups that help you beat a level and can be bought with premium currency.

Lastly, if you play long enough you get access to the society. This is a clan system that helps you progress through the game.

Overall:

3 of 5 cogs.


I was hoping for a game rich with steampunk and this game was a let-down. It has similar match 3 mechanics I've seen many times now and the game became quickly boring to me.

Story:

3 of 5 cogs.


The story involved strange magic be falling into a Victorian town. People are missing and strange events fill the land. The story is not very steampunk involved and from what I played, there is nothing to indicate a connection to steampunk.


Amount of ads:
none.

There are no ads. No bonus option ads for bonuses. No in-game popups.


Advertised as seen:
💯%

What little screenshots there are shows a standard match 3 game. Nothing depicts steampunk though.

Graphics:

 5 of 5 cogs.


The graphics are of high quality. There is a dark and horror-like theme with the game that makes it more a mystery rather than just a match 3 game.

Audio:

 4 of 5 cogs.


Simple and straight-forward music. I don't have anything specific to say about it.

Gameplay:

 2 of 5 cogs.


Nothing new or exciting. I've seen this kind of game hundreds of time and it bored me quickly.

Free play:
💯%

If you are skilled enough, you can play this game forever without buying lives or powerups. You can unlock some of these as you play. As long as you complete a level, you don't lose a life.

Fun factor:
😴 boring and unoriginal.

For me, this game made me lose interest very quickly. Nothing unique or different to keep me interested.


Thanks for reading this far. Please follow my blog using a desktop computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment