Labels

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Medieval Merge




Greetings mechanics and tinkerers!


Want to be updated when the next blog goes live? Join my newsletter at: https://tinyletter.com/Hakuzo


.
Time to get medieval in: Medieval Merge



Today's game is a merge game that doesn't give you very much room to work with. You arrive at a town overrun with enemies and strange vines. You must create or find weapons and tools to complete the quests. You can have multiple quests at once that are tracked by a quest log. This game also features limited energy that prevents you from playing long at all. There is also a premium currency that is used to buy more energy or missing pieces you need to merge up a step.


When you click on your scroll button, you get a list of all the quests that are around you. Some of them are locked behind a level cap. From my understanding, you can have up to 6 different quests at one time from my time playing this game.


The main game screen has a very limited amount of space compared to other games like this. The game starts you off with many producer items that take up space and you are forced to manage several different items lines at once.


Now like other merge games, you get a backpack where you have to buy more space with coins. You really have to focus on this one to get the most space that you can.


A quick view of the Option screens. Nothing stands out here that I feel I need to talk about.


If you run out of energy, you can click on the green plus button by the energy vials and watch a video to get free energy or pay premium currency to continue playing.


Next, we move along to your player level. As you complete quests you gain experience and gain a new reward for each level. You have to level to unlock new areas to explore.


We finish up the screenshots of this game with a picture of the shop. This game is very microtransaction heavy.

Overall:
 3 of 5 cogs.

As much as I like merge games, this game just felt too tedious and I gave up playing this game after trying it out for the blog. This game doesn't offer much that is unique compared to other merge games.

Story:
 3 of 5 cogs.

This game has some story. I didn't get very far but it seems to be a fairly standard story. Town gets taken over by monsters and the hero must fix everything because the villagers are inept.

Amount of ads:

 Optional only






There are only optional ads in this game for getting more energy or recharging item producers.

Accurate Advertising?:
💯%

I do not recall ever seeing an ad for this game as I just downloaded it from the play store. The screenshots in the play store are accurate and not clickbaity.

Graphics:

 5 of 5 cogs.



I know I gave this game a middle-of-the-road rating but this game does have nice graphics. The style is very cartoony and has exaggerated shapes. The style is a bit unique compared to other games I've played.

Gameplay:
 3 of 5 cogs.

Tedious and very constrained compared to other merge games. I lost interest in this game because it's too difficult to do anything to advance.

Free play:
💯%

Yeah, the game is free to play but it's extremely difficult to get too far without obtaining more backpack space in this game.

Fun factor:
😐 Mediocre.

Are you an indy programmer or game dev?
If so, you can leave a comment or contact me on social media for a chance to have an interview with you posted on my blog. I am looking for many devs that focus on mobile programming. If you have a cross-platform game, that is fine too as long as it's on mobile.

Thank You for reading my blog. Please consider donating to the tip jar as these are tough times and every bit helps. You can get updates by joining my newsletter. If you enjoy these reviews please show others this blog by retweeting or liking my posts on social media.

Throw a cog(tip using PayPal) to your blogger.
Or you can donate with CashApp at:  #HakuzoSionnach.




No comments:

Post a Comment